WHY CSE AND IAS?

For me to be an IAS officer has always been my childhood dream which over a period of time became my only aim and ambition in life. As a kid i was always fascinated by "Red/Yellow light car" and earnestly wished that one day even i would ride  one of them!!! As I grew up ,I started to understand the intricacy and the beauty of the civil service and this made me passionate about the service. There were a couple of incidences which further motivated me for the same:
When i was in high school , we were taken to visit a village in Jharkhand . It was one of the first instances when i came in touch with rural world around us. I was taken aback when i met a young girl of around 14-15 years old and she was already a mother of two. I realized that people there and especially the women were not aware about the schemes for them...lack of education was omnipresent and so much of ignorance propelled me to appreciate the nuances and challenges of the service and how i could make a difference in my own small way.
As i became engrossed in the world of Economics, i realised that  we usually assume that a particular policy would work under ceteris paribus(i.e all the other things reamining the same)..Instead i wanted those policies to unfold infront of my eyes on the ground..


These  were all small instances but they kept me motivated all along the way. This was my desire ,dream and passion as well. When i went to LSE , there were  times when i  faced a "normal human dilemma" as to whether i should  pursue Phd /get into investment banking etc or come back to India and chase my dreams!!!!To keep myself  motivated , what i did was i carried a CSR topper's Interview magazine with me and kept that magazine right in front of my study table at the University hostel room....each day when i sat there , I would drift into my world of CSE for atleast few seconds if not minutes.After my first attempt in 2010 , though i made it to the list(AIR-640), i went into sort of depression post results!!Most probably i had expected more from myself and hence this dissatisfaction........My parents then stood by me and gave me that confidence that "I can do it" ....Thanks to my parents, friends, mentors and above all the Almighty without whose wishes and blessings  ..I could not have achieved my first step towards starting off with the journey of civil service that I always dreamt of!!! It was definitely a long journey full of ups and downs but believe me this was one of the most memorable journey to a destination... from where onwards the "REAL" journey begins.


Comments

  1. u were always clear about your dream,you deserved it beautifully....its ur hard work and perseverance that get paid off. all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... u were living ur dream ...since a long time...u made it a reality... with ur determination and hard work.!!! hats off.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm appearing for IAS Exam and confused that which subject to choose for mains but then I enrolled in http://www.wiziq.com/course/4765-economics-for-upsc-ias-mains and I was looking for such informative post from your side also . Thanks for the post. It clear my doubt regarding ias exam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best Abby for all your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey...I hope that you guys will change the image of bureaucracy in India. As you are a Eco scholar might be in future as a Economic Adviser you will present some market/growth oriented policies so that we will grow on economic front.
    Congrts for being a LSE grad you are joining the GOI.
    Thanks for sharing the strategy. It really help us a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the wishes.all the best for all your endeavors.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strategy for Anthropology